Monday, August 31, 2026

Book Review – Tomorrow Is for the Brave by Kelly Bowen

 


Tomorrow Is for the Brave by Kelly Bowen is the story of a young socialite, Violet St. Croix, who decides to follow her heart and volunteer in the war. In 1939, France, Violet had everything she could possibly dream of. She is engaged to one of those eligible bachelors, has access to the latest fashion and fastest cars, and attends lavish parties.

However, what Violet really wants is something else. She’s tired of living her life as everyone else wants her to. She wants a life full of purpose and meaning. So when the war reaches France, she goes against her family’s and fiancé’s wishes and volunteers to join the war effort. With her fearless driving skills under pressure, she is sent to North Africa to drive French Foreign Legion officers while carrying valuable intelligence through dangerous territory.

The information could determine the outcome of the war if it falls into enemy hands. After one mishap after another, Violet is sure that someone among them is a spy. When her beloved commanding officer is murdered, and the authorities determine it was a robbery gone wrong, Violet is determined to find the traitor. Will Violet be able to find the culprit before it’s too late?

The novel was inspired by true events. It was an emotional read. While the author hints at a spy, I feel like Violet didn’t play much of a role in trying to find them. I feel like she tried telling other people and then went about her mission. I felt like the book mostly focused on her wartime accomplishments rather than on finding the spy. I thought the book was beautifully written, and I enjoyed it a lot. I would look forward to reading more books by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment