Strong, Healthy Hair
Fried, Broken Ends
1. Get a small trim. Every four weeks, get the ends dusted, so split ends can't move up the shaft and compromise even more of your length.
2. A preshampoo layer of conditioner with vegetable oil and elastic can protect strands while helping to restore their bounce. Leave on for a few minutes, then rinse and follow with a gentle, detergent free wash.
3. Natural oils like shea, jojoba, and almond work in two ways: they soak into hair shaft to fortify it against future breakage, and they slick down pesky flyways. A dose of biotin rich rebuilder on dry strands can also temporarily seal frayed ends.
Dull, Frizzy Strands
1. Start in the shower by using an oil-based shampoo and conditioner duo. And if you are blow-drying afterward, you must commit to going at until strands are completely dry.
2. Use a silicone free leave in spray to protect against sweat, humidity, and rain.
3. Look for a sheer mist with a lightweight blend of botanical oils. Frizz prone hair soaks it up and behaves but still has some body.