Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Book Review - The Pocket Wife by Susan H. Crawford

 

Dana Catrell is shocked when her neighbor, Celia, has been horrifically murdered. Dana was the last person to see Celia alive. Dana suffers from mania because of her bipolar disorder. She has holes in her  memory and she has trouble remembering what happened during the afternoon of Celia's death. She is afraid that she might have played a role in her demise.

Dana tries to search for answers but, her husband is acting odd and the detective on the case is suspicious of her. As she dwells deeper into the day, she finds herself coming apart at the seams.  She questions if she could be the murderer or is someone else lurking in the shadows?

I thought the book had an interesting premise but, I had a hard time getting into the novel. I read more than half of the novel and decided this wasn't the book for me. I didn't care for any of the characters or the plot because it was dreadfully boring. Definitely glad that I borrowed this book from the library instead of purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment