Rejoice, August 1st, 2013 is National Girlfriends Day and August 2nd, 2013 is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! :) Let’s meet up on the first for a nice ice creamy girl gab fest! :)
The Perfect Fit Denim Trends
Cuffed Jeans flatter petite figures. Look for a snug fit from hips to ankles. Petite frames get lost in boyfriend styles. Wear with heels. Small statures benefit from a little lift. Pumps give the casual look polish.
Colored Denims flatter fuller figures. Look for rich jewels that make a statement without being too loud. Wear with a tunic top and tailored blazer - keep things simple to balance the bold bottom.
Skinnies flatter tall figures. Look for dark saturated rinses with a high waist to even out longer torsos. Wear with loose layered tops that offset second skin denim,
Fit and Flare flatters everyone. Look for a low rise with a slight fade from hip to knee. It make legs look slimmer. Wear with stacked wedges or platforms to add height and avoid dragging hemlines.
How to Wear the Trend of the Moment - Statement Sweatshirts
1. Stilettos and sweats? Yes, you can! Heels dress up the look a notch.
2. Balance a loose, full coverage top with a shorter or tighter bottom half.
3. Give your old college sweatshirt new life with iron-on appliques and studs.
To Sculpt Your Bod for Self - Tanner
1. In a circular motion, apply a matte bronzing cream to your arms and legs. The texture camouflages cellulite and other imperfections.
2. Place your hands on your hip. With a blush brush, run shimmery powder bronzer down your arms. The sheen creates a vertical line of light, making arms look leaner.
3. Now sweep the powder down the center of your legs [from thighs to toe in the front, then thighs to heels in the back]. Again, the shimmer has a highlighting effect that shades away inches!
Goodies for Travel and for under $10-
Wella Professionals Enrich Treatment
Boscia Blotting Linens
Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks
Smith’s Rosebud Salve
Maybelline Clean Express Towelettes
Batiste Dry Shampoo
Incoco Nail Polish Applique
Tocca Cleopatra Hand Cream
Soap and Butter The Righteous Butter to Go
Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipes
Alba Clear Enzyme Deodorant Stick
How to Wear Serum -
“1. After cleansing, massage a nickel size drop a serum onto clean skin, giving those high powered ingredients direct access to your skin issues.2. If you’re wearing moisturizer too, wait a few minutes for the serum to absorb before applying it. Otherwise, it will dilute the serum’s actives. [Side note, apply eye cream before you applying anything, except for serums to get your money’s worth as layered over other lotions which can block their ingredients from penetrating]”