Master Class - Great Legs
1. Do both cardio and strength training - the fastest way to see results, is to alternate lifting weights with aerobic workouts such as running and jumping rope. Without cardio, lifting weights alone can make you bulky.
2. Strengthen - squats, lunges, split squats, and jump lunges increase strength, stability, and coordination.
3. Tone - extended leg lifts and side/karate kicks engage every muscle. Isometric exercise like planks and wall sits, which contract your muscles for a set period, are also excellent.
4. Shock your muscles - unless you want to simply maintain your current weight and muscle definition, you need to push yourself beyond your normal limit. Hold weights while doing lunges, aiming for 15 squats if you normally do five. Don’t do what you can do - go a step further.
5. Stretch - muscles are like rubber bands and have an elastic, recoil effect. Stretching helps them stay supple so they perform more powerfully.
6. Run toe to heel - this engages and tones effectively. The body stays upright and relaxed, so the impact of your feet hitting the ground is less on your joints.
7. Work on your calves - defined calves make the rest of your leg look stronger and more shapely. The key : calf raises.