Friday, February 19, 2021

Book Review - Hunted by Darcy Coates

 

Eileen is a twenty-two-year old who decided she wanted to embark on more challenges in life. She decides to hike the remote Ashlough Forest alone. After not returning any calls from family and friends, they reported her as missing. Five days later, her camera is found in a river and it contains weird photos that were taken around her disappearance.

Chris is heartbroken over his sister's disappearance. He wants to believe that she is still alive. However, when the police abandons their search, he and his four friends decided to make their own search party. They decide to stray from the hiking trails to find clues on Eileen's disappearance. While searching the mountain range, they discover find disturbing evidence that they might not be alone in the forest and that Eileen's disappearance was no accident.

I have read quite a few books by the author and this is one is quite different from her normal ghost stories. I found that this book is more of a thriller with death involved. While, I did enjoy the novel I found that book was longer and then necessary and the culprit was very easy to guess. I didn't care for most of the characters in the novel and found them to be trite. I think I might stick with her ghost stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment