Monday, July 15, 2024

Book Review - The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney

 

The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney is about how one murder had a chain effect on other people. Maureen accidentally bludgeoned a man in her kitchen. Not knowing the man nor who to trust, Maureen turns to Jimmy, the son she had given up years before. Jimmy has turned into one of the most fearsome and prolific gangsters in the city. Maureen seeks atonement for the murder and past sins, and she is willing to risk everything that Jimmy has worked hard for by bringing the Irish underworld into the spotlight.

The book seemed like an interesting read. However, I had a hard time getting into it. I found the slang confusing, and I felt like I didn’t understand what was going on. I can see some people enjoying this book, but it wasn’t for me, and I stopped reading the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment