Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Book Review - Five Years After: A John Matherson Novel, book 4 by William R. Forstchen

 

Five Years After: A John Matherson Novel, book 4 by William R. Forstchen is about the fallout from an EMP attack that happened five years earlier.  John Matherson is struggling to hold together the makeshift government that he helped create after the EMP attack on the United States. The government, now called the Republic, is facing threats from multiple fronts. The budding government is trying to control the remaining colonies but faces insurgents who want power for themselves. After living a few years quietly, John is pulled back into the fray when he receives news that the President is dying, and he needs to help negotiate with a new military power that was hidden from the rest of the world.

I thought the book was an okay read. I didn’t realize it was a part of a series but, I was able to read it and follow along with most of the story as a standalone. I also didn’t care for the premise of the book. I don’t like the “end of days” type of storyline. The book was also very predictable, and most of the storyline seemed ripped from the headlines. I also felt that for the amount of pages nothing was  happening, and it was a bit boring. I felt it was an okay book though I am in no rush to read other books by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment