Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Country Living March 2013 Vol.36 No.3



This is the first time I finished reading a magazine while it was still on the newsstands. Although, I still have some issues that need to be read dating from 2010. I like reading this magazine because of the decorating tips, cool vintage finds, and the occasional recipe.


Here are some of the roundups from this issue [AKA stuff I thought was cool] -

Decorating -
1. They had some really cute rabbit lamps. They reminded me of Peter Rabbit. Remember the good old days, where there was still snack and nap time?

 
This one was my favorite -

Photo Credit - Land of Nod
They also had some industrial looking lamps which equally exciting-
Photo Credit - RH Baby and Child


RH Baby and Child has a excellent selection of decorating stuff [look at the interior designer in me] I was thinking of buying a couple of lamps but I already have 6...and none are plugged in or being used.

2. I loved the interview of Maura Grace Ambrose. She was talking about how she started to hand stitched quilts. It was refreshing to hear how  Maura was struggling to find herself and then one day decided to take a leap and send a message to a blogger she liked which lead to the creation of her business. Did you know it takes 70 hours of work to create one of her quilts? Take a look at some of the quilts available folkfibers.com

3. I love the showcasing of actors Corbin Bernsen and Amanda Pays’ house. I would think for celebrities their houses would be a bit more exorbitant but it was actually antique and modest looking. Los Angeles decorator Sasha Emerson’s cottage was quite eclectic. I love how she blew up 1960s supermarket ad to pay homage to Andy Warhol’s soup can. Artist Priscilla Caldwell’s Connecticut home looks quaint and modern. I love how she incorporated different artwork with each part of her house. I like to imagine when I own my house [not with this economy] I would  paint something different or have a different theme for each room.

Fashion-
1. They showcased a new trend of fabric necklaces. My favorite and the most “affordable” [not for me though] and uniquely designed one -

Photo Credit - Poketo


Beauty-
1.  I have dyed my hair at home at  random occasions [usually when I am bored and it looks really bad most of the time :) ]. It was nice to see a wide range of sulfate free shampoos being reviewed.
I have tried the L’Oreal EverStrong Sulfate-Free Fortify System Shampoo that promises to repair split ends and strengthen strands. I haven’t noticed much of a difference after two uses but I will probably continue using it for a bit longer before I decide. I am quite interested in the Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo which shields against UV rays. That seems really would be great to use during the summer. I have heard great things about the Bumble and Bumble Straight Shampoo and can’t wait to try it to see if actually does smooth out my frizzy hair.

Photo Credit - Kiehls
Photo Credit - Bumble and Bumble


 

If anything sparks your interest, be sure to pick up the issue. Let me know your thoughts and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment