Saturday, April 23, 2022

Book Review - Kiara Fights Back by Marilyn Kaye

 

Kiara is known for speaking what's on her mind. She doesn't hesitate to let other people know what she is thinking. She is happy that she became friends with the girls of the Spyglass Sisterhood who appreciate her observations and judgment. 

When Kiara finds out that a fellow classmate is getting bullied online, she decides to take action. She is determined to find out who is behind the bullying and bring them to justice. She needs to rely on her friends and the magical spyglass to help solve the mystery.

I thought the book was an okay read. I personally got confused with the characters when I first read the book and had trouble keep track of the different girls and their personalities. I can't say I enjoyed Kiara, I found some of her inner commentary to be blunt and sometimes, mean. It made me wonder if she even likes her friends. However, I feel that the book did teach an important lesson about bullying, having empathy, and the importance of words. It also highlights the proper usage of social media along with standing up for others and for standing up and defending for your beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment