Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Book Review - The Newlyweds’ Window : The 2022 Mukana Press Anthology of African Writing by Mukana Press

 

The book is a collection of short stories by some of Africa's most promising emerging short story writers. The story vary in theme but, most of the stories had adult references and isn't appropriate for a young audience. I thought some of the stories were well written and developed. A few stories were creepy and interesting that made me crave more stories like that. There was a small amount of stories I didn't really like. I felt like that they were uncompleted or something was missing in translation. I had a hard time understanding what was going on or the point of the story. Overall, I think the anthology was well done and showcased some interesting and talented writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment