Friday, September 9, 2022

Book Review - Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton

 

AnnieLee Keys has a story to tell. Each one of her song tells one of her stories. She becomes a raising star singing about leaving the hard life behind her. However, she is also on the run from the secrets from her past. Will she be able to find the light among the darkness that surrounds her?

This was my first James Patterson book and I am a fan of Dolly Parton so, I thought I would be in love with this book. I am actually quite disappointed how boring and long winded this novel was. Majority of the novel was dedicated to AnnieLee's rise to fame and the last few pages had majority of the action. I am not sure why this novel was billed as a thriller because there was nothing suspenseful or thrilling about it. I couldn't stand AnnieLee as a person. She kept so many secrets but, wanted to know everything about Ethan and refused to share anything about herself. She kept him at arm's length even after recognizing how reliable he was as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment