Friday, January 13, 2023

Book Review - The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth

 

Gabe and Pippa has bought their dream home in a small coastal town. Their house is right near a cliff. The cliff is infamous for people who go there to kill themselves. Gabe is famous for talking people off the ledge until one day, he fails and someone falls to their death. When it is discovered that Gabe knew the victim, Pippa questions how much she really knows Gabe.

The book started off interesting and it kept me hook until the half way point. The constant point of view switching became boring and dull because there was barely any movement to the story. I felt like the story dragged and dragged with nothing keeping the readers hooked. I can't say that I really liked any of the characters and I found Pippa annoying. She kept sticking up for Gabe when it was hard to see what he bought to the table other than him being good looking and charismatic. While this book was a bit disappointing, I will still continue reading other books by the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment