Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Book Review - The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean

 


The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean is about a young woman, Clary, who can see things other people can’t. The most exciting part of Clary’s life is hanging out with her best friend, Simon. They spend most of their days hanging together. However, that all changes when Clary crosses paths with a mysterious stranger that she realizes no one else can see but her. To make matters worse, her mother disappears and a monster attacks her. She doesn’t know who she can turn to for help. As Clary tries to make sense of her new reality, she crosses paths again with the stranger and he introduces her to an entire new world that she never knew existed. A world filled with magical creatures like vampires, werewolves and demons along with the beings called Shadowhunters, who help protect humans from the monsters.

This was my first time reading anything by the author but I did a quick search before diving into the book and found that she had a huge cult following. It did take a few pages to get into the flow of the books and be able to tell the different characters apart. Since I am not familiar with The Mortal Instruments, the series took me a bit to understand what was going on. However, once I was able to follow along with the story, I found myself hooked. I wanted to read more and find out what happens to Clary. I do wish that the book didn’t end on a cliffhanger but I guess that will motivate me to read the novels to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment