Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Book Review - The Wife Who Knew Too Much by Michele Campbell

 

The first Mrs. Ford was a beautiful and accomplished socialite that was married to a younger man. She mysteriously died one day and left her wealth to her husband. The second Mrs. Ford is a waitress from a small town who is struggling to ends meet. They met during a summer fling ten years prior and now she is rich beyond her dreams. Connor Ford is a mysterious man who is beloved by two women. Is he a victim or the mastermind behind his first wife's death?

 The book was interesting a few pages in but, towards the middle it felt like it was dragging. The ending came as a one-two punch with a few twists but, those were seen miles away. I can't say that I cared for the main character of the book as she is one of the dumbest person I ever read. There was one scene someone alluded to a murderer being in the house and she got evidence for her case but, she leaves it barely hidden and goes to confront the person. I am not sure about you but, if there is someone wishing to do me harm I don't go directly to them to make myself and easy target. However, I would still be opened to reading other books by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment