Thursday, March 30, 2023

March 2023 Empties!

 sce

 

Well, it's been some time since I did an empties post and I am actually surprised that I don't have that many empties. I did finish a few bath bombs and shower steams but nothing that was noteworthy to get again. 

The same thing goes for the facial sheet masks. There was one mask that was a waste of money and surprisingly it was from one of my favorite brands. It was the Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Face Mask. I loved everything I tried from this line but this mask was a dud. It was soaked with serum which is normally a great thing except, it sits on the skin and it doesn't really absorb in. And then the product pills like crazy which prevents you from layering any moisturizer or anything on top. It wasn't a great experience at all and it was $75 for 5 masks! For something that expensive, I would expect it to work better.

I surprisingly finished three bars of soap which makes me wonder how come I didn't finish much of anything else. I tried two new brands of soaps.  The Plant Apothecary Start Happy bar soap smelled so great and gave a luxurious lather. It was pleasant to use in the shower. I think I might try their other scents and body wash.  I have used Marlowe skincare products but this was my first time using their soaps. I got their Marlowe Body Scrub Soap Bar and I didn't really care for it. It was in the Champion scent. It had hints of lemon leaf, amber mist, and cedar wood. It was a fresh scent but it was on the milder side. To be honest, I rarely use the soap as I find the exfoliating bits to be too rough my skin. I unfortunately had picked a few other bars with other scents that I am now not looking forward to trying.

I used to love Sumbody care products but I recently stopped buying their products. Their stuff is all natural but I realized it wasn't a good value. The products were small and cost as much or more than "traditional" products and sometimes they didn't even do anything. I bought two masks from them (Decongesting Mud Mask and the Alpha Hydroxy Acid Mask) and there was barely any product in the containers to do for one mask. I followed the instructions and it was too watery and did nothing for my skin.

I did try this new night cream by Elemis and I am in love. Their Superfood Midnight Facial smelled amazing and fruity. It smoothed on easily and left my skin buttery soft. I think I loved putting on the cream that I went through the bottle so quickly.  I found this new brand on Amazon and their products has these weird scents but actually smell amazing. I got the Lab Squeeze Pumpkin and Carrot Vegan Hand Cream and let me tell you. This product smells amazing! I get so many compliments and people ask what perfume I am wearing. I thought it was going to smell nature-y but this was not the case here. I would definitely try and get their other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment