Monday, January 10, 2022

Book Review - The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer

 

Lily Graves comes from a long line of morticians. She knows that everyone keeps buried secrets. When senior class president Erin Donohue turns up dead, Lily believes its her job to uncover the truth. Erin is a pillar of the community and known for her ethnics. However, Lily has a crush on Erin's ex-boyfriend, Matt, which complicates matters and makes them both suspects. As Lily's world comes crushing down, she will have to figure out who she can trust before the killer strikes again.

I had picked up this book on a whim and I should have read reviews before getting it. The book is geared towards young adults and I feel like it's a romance novel with some mystery components to it. The plot was very predictable and I was able to guess the direction of the novel fairly quickly. I felt that story moved along very slowly and some of the character interactions felt forced.  I think the title of the book is very misleading because even after reading the book, I still don't know any of Lily's secrets. The novel might be a good read for young readers who want a book with a light mystery with a heavy high school romance theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment