Sunday, July 17, 2022

Book Review - Never Come Back by David Bell

 

Leslie Hampton assumed that her daughter Elizabeth would care for her son, Ronnie, who has special needs when the time came. Elizabeth doesn't want to be responsible for taking care of Ronnie as she wouldn't be able to live the life she wants. When Leslie dies unexpectedly, Elizabeth is consumed by grief and guilt. 

The police determined that Leslie was strangled to death, and they suspect that Ronnie had a violent outburst. Elizabeth can't believe that her brother is capable of murder. However, when a stranger is named in Leslie's will, Elizabeth feels that her mother might be keeping secrets from her. As more secrets start to unravel, a dangerous stranger from Leslie's past claims to have answers but, not without a price.

I thought the book was an interesting read. I was able to guess some of the twists but, overall, the book kept me entertained. I didn't really care for Elizabeth at times because I felt like she kept herself closed off from others. The story did move slowly but, I would still be opened to reading other books by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment