Thursday, August 18, 2022

Book Review - The Secret Mother by Shalini Boland

 

Tessa Markham returns to her home to find a child in her kitchen. The boy thinks that Tessa is his mother. However, doesn't have any children, at least not anymore.

Tessa contacts the police because she doesn't know the boy or how he got inside her home. However, because of her past, Tessa becomes a suspect to the kidnapping of the child. Tessa doesn't know who to believe when her husband reveals a secret of his own. Will Tessa be able to confront her painful past?

I thought the book was an okay read. I was able to guess the ending from a mile away. I felt like all the characters felt predictable and fit into their roles i.e. her boss being a source of comfort while her husband didn't believe a word she said. I also didn't really care for Tessa as a character as she was naive. There was a few times where I rolled my eyes by her actions. I definitely expected more from this book and it didn't deliver.


No comments:

Post a Comment