Monday, August 8, 2022

Book Review - Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1) by Amie Kaufman

 

 

In Vallen, ice wolves and scorch dragons are sworn enemies that live separate lives apart from each other. Twelve year old orphan Anders and his twin sister, Rayna, only have each other. So, when Anders take one elemental form and Rayna takes another, he wonders if they are even related. Even though Anders starts to question if they are even related, he does know Rayna is his only friend. She is nothing like dragons who are cruel to others and they steal children from their family.

Anders decide the only way to save his sister is to join the Ulfar Academy. The academy is a school for young wolves that teaches them to value loyalty to the pack over everything else. However, Anders is more loyal to his sister than being obedient and loyal to the pack. 

I thought this was an interesting book but, I felt like the book was short on details and story. I felt like the book finished without the story really progressing and I didn't really learn anything new. When the book ended, I was left with more questions than answers. I wish the author shaved off some portions and added more details about the Elementals. I felt like the ending was abrupt and I wish there was more story in book one to keep me interested in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment