Saturday, August 29, 2026

Book Review - Naturally Tan by Tan France

 

 



In Naturally Tan, Tan France shares his upbringing, personal experiences, and journey into show business. The memoir includes fashion tips, life advice, and behind-the-scenes stories from his career. Tan discusses what it was like growing up gay in a traditional Muslim family and being one of the few people of color in Doncaster, England.

I thought the book was an okay read. I was familiar with Tan France before picking it up, but I have not watched his show. He always seemed fun and down-to-earth, which made me want to read his memoir.

One aspect I enjoyed was how he sprinkled fashion advice throughout the book. Some of the suggestions felt a bit over the top for my taste, but they added personality and reflected his expertise in the fashion industry. I also liked the behind-the-scenes stories from television appearances, press events, and other parts of his career.

I'm looking for more personal details about Tan, his family, and his private life. I also expected a few more revealing or surprising stories than the book ultimately provided. I felt like the book lightly touched on anything personal and was done on a superficial level, so we didn't really get to know more about him. Overall, I think fans of Tan France and his shows will likely enjoy this memoir more than I did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment