|Photo Credit - Amazon|
One early morning a little boy misses his bus causing him to yell "Bus! Stop!". Unfortunately, the bus does not stop and he has to wait for the next one. However, the next bus and the ones afterward look nothing like his bus. The little boy is confused on why none of the buses look familiar until he decides to take a chance and try another bus!
I read this cute picture book to the little tots I volunteer with and it wasn't a big hit. The book didn't have much dialogue and drawings were "weird" (according to one child). I personally wasn't a fan of the book on the "base level" because it seemed very sparse but I feel that the underlying message of finding something that fits your personality is worth waiting for or letting children experiment with different things.
Engagement Activities -
1. What are some favorite locations you can go to by bus?
2. What would your ideal form of transportation look like?
3. Can you draw what your bus would look like?
4. Can you tell us time when you tried something that you didn't like but now enjoy?
5. What is your favorite activity to do on a bus?
6. What is one thing that you didn't like but like now?
**Disclosure - I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest opinion**