Sunday, March 13, 2022

Book Review - I Hope This Finds You Well: Poems by Kate Baer

 

Kate Baer receives over thousands of messages on her posts. Like many other writers, especially women, as her online presence grew, so did the negative messages in her inbox. This book is a collection of some the messages Kate has received. Using their negative (and sometimes, praises) Kate creates erasure poems in response to the messages she received. 

I was never really a big fan of poems because I could never really "get them". However, I found this book of poems to be enjoyable and entertaining. A few poems were thought provoking and stayed with me long after I finished reading them. A few were entertaining and garnered a few giggles. Overall,
I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I have a new found respect for poems.


No comments:

Post a Comment