Monday, June 27, 2022

Book Review - Billy Summers by Stephen King

 

Billy Summer is the best for hire killer in the business. He will only take a job if the target is a bad guy. Billy wants out of the business but, he needs to complete one last job. Billy is a decorated war veteran who is known for his sniper skills. He is also a pro at vanishing after the job is completed. Will Billy be able to complete his last job?

This was my first time reading any of King's books but, I am familiar with his writing from movies and made for TV series. I thought the book was an okay read as I was expecting the novel to be a horror book since, I usually think of him as the "king of horror". The book was thought-provoking read providing a lot of "what ifs" but, I also felt like the book dragged on for a bit.  When all the fluff was removed, the story line was pretty straight-forward and predictable and almost ripped straight from the headlines. Personally, I do not care for Donald Trump as a person but, I felt like King's constant reference to him was like a dog with a bone to pick. While I am in no rush to run out and read another one of his books, I might pick up one of his horror books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment