Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Book Review - Shadow Sands (Kate Marshall, #2) by Robert Bryndza

 

Criminology professor Kate Marshall is on a scuba dive with her son when they make a shocking discovery. They find a body of a teenage boy in the depths of the Shadow Sands reservoir. The detective chief inspector is quick to rule the case as an accidental drowning. However, Kate believes there is more to the story. As she begins to follow the evidence and clues, she discovers something more sinister.

It turns out the latest victim is one of the many in a series of deaths and disappearances linked to the moorlands. There is an urban legend of a phantom that uses the rolling fog to hunt for its victims. When a researcher studying urban legends disappears without a trace, Kate must act fast if she wants to find her alive.

This novel is the second book in the series but, I felt like it could be read as a standalone. I thought the book was an interesting read and it was nice seeing old characters making a reappearance while getting more history on Tristan. I enjoyed reading this book but, I definitely felt like I enjoyed the first book more. I felt like something was missing that I couldn't quite put my finger on. However, I am excited to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment