Monday, June 13, 2022

Book Review - Lovers on All Saints' Day: Stories by Juan Gabriel Vásquez

 

The book is a collection of short stories set in Europe. It shows themes of love and humanity in seven short stories in various relationships and situations.

I usually like reading short stories but, these felt a bit disappointing. I am not sure if it was the translation but, I had a trouble following some of the stories. I felt like that there was some nuances that were lost in translation. Some of the stories did have a bit of staying power when I really thought about it but, others were pretty forgettable.Some of the stories felt like they really didn't deliver because the story wasn't fleshed out properly. A lot of the stories had a darker and bleak than I was expecting.  However, I would be open to reading other works by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment