Friday, March 15, 2013

InStyle March 2013



Boy, this was one heavy magazine! It is packed with 594 pages of articles, shopping [!!]...I forgot what I was saying...

Onto the rundown -

Can you guess the most “style - conscious states”? If you said, New Jersey, Iowa and Texas -- you would be right. I am surprised New York and California didn’t make it on that list.

The three new favorite trend are floral, leather and ruffles. I am so happy ruffles are finally considered “trendy” as I love wearing lace and ruffles. :) Shorts are also in this season but the “perfect” length is classic mid - thigh. Hmm...does this mean I should be extra hip [ I think me using the word “hip” shows how “uncool” I am] and wear leather shorts with a floral shirt with ruffles?

J. Crew and Liberty of London are collaborating together to make a new full bloom line.


Estee Lauder has a new inspired Mad Men collection.The products are “housed in perfect period packaging with a nod to Lauder’s 60s archives”. The pretty pale pink colors look nice but I hope they are flattering with my skin tone. I might take a gander when I am at Macy’s and probably end up spur of the moment buying the entire collection.

The new color Spring color is “ Mint”. It reminds me of pistachio  and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Try the new shade with “Moon shape” [nail art style]  and with other pastels.
Photo  Credit - Zoya, Neely

Photo  Credit - Butter London, Fiver

Photo Credit - Beauty, Introspective



Looking for a new way to “upgrade” your accessories with “upgrading” your credit card. Karl Lagerfeld has new collection with Fossil. The watches range between $150 to $595


Pick up the issue to more product launches,  a guide to BB creams, interviews with Andrew Garfield and Donatella Versace and fashion ideas and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment