Axel the axolotl wants her turn to be in the spotlight at being found. However, it turns out that she is really good at hiding, and she is nearly impossible to find. The narrator decides to help find Axel in this seek-and-find story, but Axel is done playing. Instead, she takes control and lets the narrator know what is okay and what isn’t.
The book was an okay read. I thought it was going to be like Finding Waldo, but it was not the same. The book is beautifully illustrated and has tons of fun little details. The book does have an important message, but it took me a minute or two to figure it out because I was still trying to get over my disappointment that this was not actually a hide-and-seek book.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and were not influenced by the publisher or author.

No comments:
Post a Comment