I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh is about a tragic accident and the devastating truth behind it.
Jenna Gray’s entire world comes crashing down in a matter of seconds. Desperate for a fresh start, she leaves everything behind and moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast. As she tries to rebuild her life, she is haunted by fear, grief, and memories of the fateful November night that changed everything.
Slowly, Jenna begins to put the pieces of her life back together and starts to believe that happiness may still be possible. However, someone from her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences could be deadly.
I thought the book was an okay read overall. It had one major twist that caught my attention, but after that, I found the rest of the story fairly predictable. I also had a hard time getting into the book. The characters felt somewhat boring, and I never really found myself rooting for any of them.
I especially struggled with some of Jenna’s decisions. She seemed completely convinced that a certain person would find her, yet she never really tried to get help and instead seemed to accept whatever consequences might come. Then, when she believed someone was actively after her, she turned off her phone and opened the door without even checking who was there first. Considering how concerned she claimed to be about her safety, those choices didn’t make much sense to me. As a result, I found it difficult to connect with her character and fully invest in the story.

No comments:
Post a Comment