Bold Brows & Lips
1. Keep brows in shape by combine hairs upward and tweezing only the ones that fall outside your natural arch. Then, fill in with an angled brush and brow powder, using short, quick strokes that follow the growth of your hair. If you don’t have brow filler, matte eye shadow will work in a pinch. Just be sure to pick a color that’s one shade lighter than your natural brow color, otherwise; it can look too severe.
2. Comb through brows to help soften the powder and set the shape. If your brow hairs tend to stray throughout the day, apply a light coat of gel to keep them in place. To finish, curl lashes and apply mascara.
3. Exfoliate by gently brushing lips with a dry toothbrush. Rinse and pat dry. Prime with a moisturizing lip balm, and blot excess with a tissue.
4. Apply lipstick with a lip brush - deep, saturated colors require precisions. Stick to satin formulas; avoid super glossy finishes because they are more likely to migrate.
1. Prep lids with a base - you can use a primer, foundation or concealer - then layer on pressed or translucent powder to set it [and add staying powder] before applying color. Use cream shadow? Skip the powder step.
2. Brush metallic shadow across the lid only; don’t go above the crease. The more glittery formulas can draw attention to crepey skin, so opt for shadows with just a hint of luster- they’re much more forgiving.
3. Curl lashes and finish with a swipe of mascara. Be sure to keep the rest of your face simple: Use a lightweight foundation to even out your skin tone, and apply just a hint of color on cheeks and lips.
1. Start with a brightening primer followed by a lightweight foundation. Or skip a step and opt for an illuminating tinted moisturizer [like the primer, it contains tiny flecks of light - reflecting particles to give yo
ujju a glow]. Stay away from matte foundation, which can’t give you the dewy results you’re after.
2. Use your fingers to blend a little bit of cream blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Dab a drop of highlighter on the cheekbone and cupid’s bow above your upper lip.
3. Pat foundation, concealer or primer over eyelids. Choose a subtle nude hue that has a hint of shimmer and quickly sweep it across the lid. If you want, use brown eyeliner to faintly line the upper lid along the lash line. Curl lashes and finish eyes with a swipe of mascara; add a sheer lip color and you’re done.